The Bright 2018 Instameet is our 3rd Autumn instameet for photographers keen to shoot, share and find out all the best locations to capture the ultimate Autumn colours in Bright and surrounding towns. We had a lot of fun last year and there were some amazing shots that came out of it so we are keen to go again. The dates for this year's instameet are Friday 27th April till Sunday 29th April.
The festival is a time of beautiful autumn colours and the harvesting of wonderful produce, an ideal time to get the camera out, socialize and explore this region with fellow Instagrammers.
Hosted by @brightandsurrounds, @brightmystic and @brightbeerjames who will share their local knowledge of some of the superb photo opportunities in the region, it promises to be a fun weekend and a great opportunity to meet other Instagrammers. Plenty of other events fall on this weekend as part of the festival including the Wandiligong Nut Festival.
For more information, direct message @brightmystic on Instagram or email email@example.com.
Details of the itinerary can be found below. The itinerary may be subject to change depending on weather but we wil advise you on any changes.
We are really looking forward to seeing your view of our wonderful region and would greatly appreciate if you would use the hashtags #lovebright #seehighcountry #bright18instameet
You are welcome to join for all or part of the meet. RSVP’s would be appreciated, please message @brightmystic on Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some events are ticketed as there is a bus option or entry fee to an event. Tickets can be booked here.
We'd love to see you there.
Bright Instameet Bingo
We have a prize of a hamper of local produce for one of our Instameet participants. To be eligible, you just need to complete our Bright Bingo Card. This is last year's Bingo card. Stay tuned for details of this year's Bright Bingo.
Post a photo for each of the topics to complete the the Bright Instameet Bingo card and return your card to Brendan, Jmaes or Pia.
The prize winner will be drawn out on Sunday lunch time..
Friday, 27th April
• 3.30-4pm Meet and greet at Bright Brewery.
• 4pm Township walk (two different options will be available) join us for a stroll to some of the best colours and locations central to Bright.
• Dinner - your choice, although we will be heading back to the Bright Brewery.
• 6am Secret Sunrise Location, meet at Porepunkah round-about for a secret sunrise with views of Bright, Mt Feathertop and Mt Buffalo. Transport from the round-about to the location will be provided. There is little space for vehicles at the location, so we need to limit the amount of cars (Free event - please register below)
• Breakfast – your choice
• 10-10.30am Meet the producers, a half hour show and tell of some of our delicious producers, your choice – Bright Brewery, Bright Chocolate or Remedy Gin (Free event - please register below)
• Other suggestions to fill your day; Myrtleford Farmers Market or the Wandiligong Nut Festiv• 6am Secret Sunrise Location, we have found an awesome new spot above the township of Bright. The perfect location to see the colours of the valley come to life with the morning sun. Followed by a stroll around the Canyon Walk.
• 8.30am Breakfast – back at the Bright Brewery - included in ticket price.
• 9-9.45am Workshops, choice of two; Long exposures by the river with Brendan Holland (@brightmystic) OR Tips for filming Insta Stories with Ric Williamson (@handcutproductions) – included in ticket price
Suggestions to fill your day; Myrtleford Farmers Market or the Wandiligong Nut Festival or Harrietville open gardens
- 3.30pmHistory, sunset followed by a truly Italian dinner in Myrtleford. Meet at The Alpine Hotel Bright at 3.30pm to catch the bus to a historic tobacco farm with some unique and interesting structures and old farming equipment.
• Drive to choice of sunset locations;
1. An invigorating walk up Reform Hill to a view of the Myrtleford township and Mount Buffalo. Sturdy shoes and torches are essential as we will be walking on uneven ground in the dark to the sunset location – up to 1.5km. BYO water.
2. A wine tasting followed by sunset from above Gapsted Wines.
Lupo’s Kiln Cafe, a showcase of the region’s produce and it’s the strong Italian heritage. Two course dinner and arrival drink included in the price (further drinks can be purchased at own expense)
• 5.15-9am Mount Buffalo Sunrise. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 5.15am to catch the bus to Mount Buffalo for sunrise. There will be two photo locations to choose from at Buffalo (for those that have attended our previous instameets we have a new option). Sturdy shoes and torches are essential as we will be walking on uneven ground in the dark to the sunrise location – up to 2km. BYO water and snacks as there is no food and beverage facilities open on the mountain at that time.
• 12pm Lunch at Wandi Pub, this is not a free event, but an open invitation to join us for lunch, draw a prize winner and farewells till the Winter #Bright18Instameet.
The itinerary will be subject to change depending on weather and seasonal variances.