The Bright 2017 Instameet is our 2nd Autumn instameet for photographers keen to shoot, share and find out all the best locations to capture the ultimate Autumn colours in Bright and surrounding towns. We had a lot of fun last year and there were some amazing shots that came out of it so we are keen to go again. The dates for this year's instameet are Friday 28th April till Sunday 30th April.
The festival is a time of beautiful autumn colours and the harvesting of wonderful produce, an ideal time to get the camera out, socialize and explore this region with fellow Instagrammers.
Hosted by @brightandsurrounds, @brightmystic and @brightbeerjames who will share their local knowledge of some of the superb photo opportunities in the region, it promises to be a fun weekend and a great opportunity to meet other Instagrammers. Plenty of other events fall on this weekend as part of the festival including the Wandiligong Nut Festival.
For more information, direct message @brightmystic on Instagram or email email@example.com.
The itinerary maybe subject to change depending on where the best colours are to be found at the time but we will endeavour to find the best autumn colours at the time.
Our planned itinerary is:
Friday evening: Meet at Boynton's Feathertop Winery from 3:30 onwards. Explore a little nearby valley for photos. After sunset, head to the Bright Brewery for drink/meal.
Saturday sunrise: Explore the Snake Ridge area and the Buckland Valley. Snake Ridge has some excellent vantage points that offer fantastic views of the surrounding valleys. The Buckland Valley is so picturesqu with Mt Buffalo as a backdrop. There are lots of deciduous trees to provide some autumn colour.
Saturday afternoon: Explore the beautiful mountain village of Harrietville. Lots of stunning colour to be found here along with lots of history as an old gold mining town. Will explore a few different spots including some local gardens.
Sunday morning: Sunrise from Mt Buffalo. Mt Buffalo is an amazing mountain and offers lots to photographers. We will be exploring part of the Big Walk around Mackies Lookout. Spectacular views of the region across to the Australian Alps as the sun rises over the distance peaks. There are some waterfalls that we can visit on the way down.
We will be updating this itinerary as we get closer to the event and will include map details of meeting points etc long with contact details should you be running late or get lost. So please check back.
We are really looking forward to seeing your view of our wonderful region and would greatly appreciate if you would use the hashtags #lovebright #seehighcountry #bright17instameet
You are welcome to join for all or part of the meet. RSVP’s would be appreciated, please message @brightmystic on Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some events are ticketed as there is a bus option or entry fee to an event. Tickets can be booked here.
We'd love to see you there.
Bright Instameet Bingo
We have a prize of a hamper of local produce for one of our Instameet participants. To be eligible, you just need to complete our Bright Bingo Card. This is last year's Bingo card. Stay tuned for details of this year's Bright Bingo.
Post a photo for each of the topics to complete the the Bright Instameet Bingo card and return your card to Brendan.
The prize winner will be drawn out on Sunday lunch time..
Friday, 28th April
Evening (no bookings required)
• 3.30-4.30pm Meet and greet at Boynton’s Feathertop Winery (nibble’s provided)
• 5pm Secret Sunset location (self-drive, location to be announced at the meet and greet at Boynton’s Feathertop Winery).
• Dinner, your choice, although we will be heading back to the Bright Brewery.
• 6am Secret Sunrise Location, meet at Porepunkah round-about for a secret sunrise with views of Bright, Mt Feathertop and Mt Buffalo. Transport from the round-about to the location will be provided. There is little space for vehicles at the location, so we need to limit the amount of cars (Free event - please register below)
• Breakfast – your choice
• 10-10.30am Meet the producers, a half hour show and tell of some of our delicious producers, your choice – Bright Brewery, Bright Chocolate or Remedy Gin (Free event - please register below)
• Other suggestions to fill your day; Myrtleford Farmers Market or the Wandiligong Nut Festival
• 2-4pm Tour of colour in Harrietville. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 2pm to catch the bus to Harrietville. Please register here for transport (Free event - please register below)
• 4pm Sunset, chestnut foraging and dinner in the Buckland Valley. Meet at The Alpine Hotel Bright at 4pm to catch the bus to sunset followed by Chestnut foraging and roasting, live music, local cheese platters and produce and Michelini Wine tasting. ($15 per person - please register below)
• 5.30-9am Mount Buffalo Sunrise and Ladies Bath Falls. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 5.30am to catch the bus to Mount Buffalo for sunrise. After sunrise on the return trip, we will stop and walk to Ladies Bath Falls. Sturdy shoes and torches are essential as we will be walking on uneven ground in the dark to the sunrise location – up to 2km. BYO water and snacks as there is no food and beverage facilities open on the mountain at that time (Free event - please register below)
• Breakfast – your choice
• 10.45am-12.30pm Colours of Wandiligong. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 10.45am to catch the bus to Wandiligong. You can join in the farm walk (tour) Wandiful Produce – chickens, orchards, edible weeks and sustainable living OR enjoy morning tea at the café or wander take a stroll and enjoy Wandiligong’s colours (Free event - please register below)
• 12.30pm Lunch at Bright Brewery, this is not a free event, but an open inviation to join us for lunch, draw a prize winner and farewells till the Winter #Bright17Instameet.